L.A. Fried Chicken Fest Video
Food GPS and Helen Springut co-produced the very first L.A. Fried Chicken Fest at The Coop on August 26, celebrating one of the world’s best-loved, most versatile dishes, and this video conveys the experience, which was like a house party, only with much better food.
The inaugural chef line-up included 9 of L.A.’s best chefs:
• Josef Centeno (null + Bar Amá) 2012 James Beard Award Semifinalist, Best Chef (Pacific), 2011 James Beard Award Semifinalist, Best Chef (Pacific)
• David LeFevre (M.B. Post) 2012 James Beard Award Semifinalist, Best New Restaurant and Best Chef (Pacific)
• Mary Sue Milliken (Border Grill) Top Chef Masters Runner-Up
• Matt Molina (Mozza) 2012 James Beard Award Winner, Best Chef (Pacific)
• Bryant Ng (The Spice Table) 2012 Food & Wine Best New Chef
• Jazz Singsanong (Jitlada)
• Marcel Vigneron Top Chef Runner-Up + Haru Kishi (The Coop)
• Ricardo Zarate (Mo-chica + Picca) 2011 Food & Wine Best New Chef
Thanks to our chefs, attendees, volunteers, and sponsors, which included Mary’s Free Range Chicken from Pitman Family Farms and Jidori Chicken. L.A. Fried Chicken Fest also served bottomless cocktail punches from Josh Goldman, featuring Knob Creek Rye and El Tesoro Tequila, as well as endless craft beer from Firestone Walker Brewing Co., all set to the beats of DJ Stepdad (aka Davidson Fernie of Pour Vous).
We were also able to raise over $1500 for Share Our Strength, a charitable organization that’s working to end childhood hunger in America by 2015.